Section for Food Safety and Zoonoses
The section studies food borne pathogenic bacteria and zoonoses and provide new knowledge relevant to prevention and control of such diseases. The work covers the entire food chain from the point of the primary production to the consumer and has a strong foundation in the molecular mechanism that underlies the behavior of microorganisms in this chain.
The section consists of the following research groups:
- Veterinary Public Health, Prof Anders Dalsgaard
- Biology of human food relevant pathogens, Prof Hanne Ingmer.
- Phage biology and biocontrol, Assoc. Prof Lone Brøndsted.
- Proteases and chaperones – how they orchestra pathogenesis of Staphylococcus aureus, Assoc. Prof Dorte Frees.
- Quality and Safety Aspects of Metabolism in Food-related Bacteria, Assoc. Prof Jørgen Leisner